I can notice a difference when I meditate regularly and when I slack off my meditation routine.
Regular Meditation: calm, steady, focused
Irregular Meditation: moody, stressed, scattered
Today, it’s come a boiling point and I must acknowledge that it’s time for me to get back on my meditation schedule. I allowed myself to get upside over something really petty and really insignificant. Now that I acknowledge that, it’s time for me to step up my game.
What works for me:
- Meditating first thing in the morning — it sets the tone for the day. Meditating allows the quiet of the morning so that I can listen to Spirit, to God.
- Reading an inspirational, or Bible, quote or passage — it gives me something to take into meditation.
- Mantra — reciting a mantra helps my mind to focus on something and allows me hear Spirit, God
- Music — well, nature sounds, helps to calm the mind
- Earphones — despite the quiet of the morning, the earbuds help to keep me plugged into the task at hand (meditation)
- 20-minute time limit — although I have done longer and shorter time periods, I find that 20 minute works best
I guess this is a decent first blog post. I started this blog from conversations and some inner nudging.
So let’s see where this journey takes me and the people that I meet along the way.